In today's multidistrict litigation environment, defensibility and scope of eDiscovery are important early differentiators that can directly impact successful outcomes. Having served as national coordinating and discovery and review counsel for clients facing multidistrict litigation, Encompass brings eDiscovery advocacy and accountability to the process.
We regularly advocate on our clients' behalf before magistrates, special masters, and plaintiff steering committees to help right-size the scope of discovery to the true needs of the case. We also team with in-house clients and case counsel to develop defensible and focused collection and production protocols. With technology professionals as key members of our client service teams, we leverage advanced review analytics and technology assisted review (TAR) as appropriate to deliver efficient, cost-effective, and defensible discovery counsel and review services.
Drawing upon Nelson Mullins' experience defending clients in class action and multidistrict litigation, we bring clients the experience of serving as eDiscovery and review counsel as well as insights from the broader legal landscape on tactics and strategies employed by our clients' adversaries in litigation.
Our MDL discovery and review counsel services include:
- Advocacy to help right-size discovery
- Collaboration, without duplication of effort, with in-house clients and case counsel to bring consistency and eDiscovery efficiencies to MDL litigation teams and cases
- Development of ESI protocol standard disclosures
- Early case assessments to evaluate magnitude and risk, and to focus eDiscovery efforts
- Leveraging 26(f) and 502(d) opportunities
- TAR assessments to leverage and use advanced review analytics as appropriate
- Performing document review services using advanced technology, strategic staffing, and predictable fee structures
- Privilege log preparation and defense
- Project management and quality control of the document review process
Results and efficiencies are top of mind for today's in-house counsel. MORE ►
Multidistrict Litigation Review Using TAR
Nelson Mullins' Encompass served as national discovery and document review counsel in connection with our client's defense of large, multidistrict product liability litigation. The review included use of technology assisted review (TAR), with a review scope including millions of documents from over two hundred custodians, including foreign language document review in French, German, and Japanese.
Mass Tort Product Liability Review
When a Fortune 200 company needed to produce documents in connection with a mass tort product liability case, it turned to Encompass to assist with the review. With a review process that included complex redactions, the Encompass team reviewed over 7 million pages.
Medical Product Liability Case
In a large, multidistrict litigation case requiring review of technical manufacturing and scientific documents, Encompass conducted a review of 3.8 million pages using a team that included review lawyers fluent in French. With the client subject to a motion to compel, the matter required quick turnaround, and Encompass delivered on-time results.