In high-stakes product liability litigation, clients often face aggressive plaintiffs making broad discovery requests and seeking to use discovery as a litigation tactic on substantive issues.
Encompass regularly advocates for clients before courts and special masters in multidistrict litigation and other tribunals to help right-size the scope of discovery to the true needs of the case. Clients receive in-depth knowledge of discovery for litigation, proven project management practices, a prudent approach to technology, and cost efficient services using predictable, fixed-fee structures.
While 90% of our current discovery and review counsel services are for matters where other firms serve as case counsel, Encompass has the ability to draw upon Nelson Mullins' recognized achievements in product liability and mass tort litigation, earning the Firm recognition in Chambers and Partners USA, Law 360, The Legal 500, and US News' Best Law Firm rankings.
Our Product Liability discovery and review counsel services include:
- Advocacy to help right-size discovery
- Collaboration, without duplication of effort, with in-house clients and case counsel to bring consistency and eDiscovery efficiencies to litigation teams and cases
- Development of ESI protocol standard disclosures
- Early case assessments to evaluate magnitude and risk, and to focus eDiscovery efforts
- Leveraging 26(f) and 502(d) opportunities
- Performing document review services using advanced technology, strategic staffing, and predictable, fixed-fee pricing structures
- Privilege log preparation and defense
- Project management and quality control of the document review process
- TAR assessments to leverage and use advanced review analytics as appropriate
Results and efficiencies are top of mind for today's in-house counsel. MORE ►
Multidistrict Product Liability Litigation
Nelson Mullins' Encompass served as national discovery and document review counsel in connection with our client's defense of large, complex, multidistrict product liability litigation. The review included use of technology assisted review (TAR), with a review scope including millions of documents from over two hundred custodians, including foreign language document review in French, German, and Japanese.
Mass Tort Product Liability Review
When a Fortune 200 company needed to produce documents in connection with a mass tort product liability case, it turned to Encompass to assist with the review. With a review process that included complex redactions, the Encompass team reviewed over 7 million pages.
Medical Product Liability Case
In a large, multidistrict litigation case requiring review of technical manufacturing and scientific documents, Encompass conducted a review of 3.8 million pages using a team that included review lawyers fluent in French. With the client subject to a motion to compel, the matter required quick turnaround, and Encompass delivered on-time results.